I rigged up my testbed in the EVT room.
|EVT test room|
|making sure to keep tires off the ground|
|Sevcon espAC with the bike|
|in the process of testing cholo ride, I had to revive two dead cells in this pack|
|putting the controller into the bike!|
|bike with zip tied batteries (better batteries and battery mounting coming soon!)|
|blown fuse!!!! during some auto-tune testing|
|power supply+espAC for autotuning|
After struggling with the sevcon for a couple of hours Dgonz and I finally got this to happen!
Finally we waited for sunny sunday to do this:
I rode it around campus for a bit (i didn't want to ride too much given the bike is totally not street legal right now). Lots of fun! I Still need to mess around with the settings and fine tuning of the motor to get 100% of the motor potential. Currently I have a 72V 15Ah LiFePO4 pack (1kWh), I am hoping to upgrade this to 5kWh soon. I am also waiting for a sevcon gen4 size 6 to arrive to finish the bike.
[a more comprehensive update for the sevcon troubleshooting will be coming soon! in the meantime follow this as it is the best online tutorial that I found, credit to dgonz for all the sevcon help]